三伏天,你的手机“中暑”了吗?

#英语拔尖交流# #暑假深读书计划#

最近正值一年中最热的三伏天,全国各地都经历了连日高温。网友纷纷感叹,自己“热到融化”。其实手机也不例外,夏天经常刷着刷着手机就变烫了,偶尔还会出现黑屏、闪退的情况。为了解决手机过热的问题,我们经常能听到一些“偏方”,比如冰块降温法,这种方法真的有用吗?为什么手机用久了就发烫?一起来听今天的讲解。




Why your phone overheats and how to prevent it

为什么你的手机发烫,以及如何防止手机过热

The fan is on, you've just finished your 10th iced coffee and are ready to scroll through your phone. But your device is either slow, too hot or has a drained battery. Sound familiar?

电扇在一旁开着,刚喝完第10杯冰咖啡的你,准备刷会儿手机。但你发现手机要么卡顿、发烫,要么就是快没电了。这个场景听起来很熟悉吧?

Much like how we struggle to operate at the same speed in intense heat, it can be something similar for the phone's processor - a chip inside that's responsible for its main functions. As the device gets hotter, the processor tries to stop itself overheating, and it ends up slowing everything down as a result.

在酷暑天气里,我们很难按照往常的进度做事,其实手机处理器的工作原理也是如此。处理器是指手机内置的芯片,负责各主要功能的正常运转。随着手机温度升高,处理器就会暂停工作以防过热,最后就导致手机越来越慢。

The hotter they get, the harder they have to work and the more energy they use, which means the battery life gets drained more quickly. They also use energy to monitor their own state, and basically have to do more work.

手机电池的温度越高,就越难以运转,而且消耗的能量也会更多,这就意味着电池寿命消耗得会更快。并且,手机电池还要消耗部分能量来监测自己的运行状态,基本上到最后就是电池要完成更多的工作。(译者注:本段中的they指的是battery,即手机在发热状态,电池能量消耗迅速。)

What you can do to keep your phone cool? Don't stick it on charge. When you are charging your battery, you are generating heat. When your device has been on charge, it ends up being hotter. Take it out of a case and turn off all the functions you do not need. Don't stick it in a bag of ice, because that doesn't help it. Rapid temperature changes can be really bad for phones, and the ice can lead to water becoming trapped in it.

那么你可以做些什么,给手机降降温呢?不要一直插着充电线。在你给手机充电的时候,机身温度就在上升。所以如果你一直给手机充电,到最后它就会变得很烫。你可以取下手机壳,并退出所有你不需要的后台程序。另外,不要把手机贴在冰袋上,因为这起不到什么作用。温度快速变化对手机是非常不利的,并且冰块受热融化后可能会导致手机进水。


生词好句

1.scroll

英 [skrəʊl] 美 [skroʊl]

v. to move text or other information on a computer screen in order to see a different part of it

拓展:

Scroll to the bottom of the document to find the link.

滚动至文档底部以查找链接。

I'm just scrolling through the article trying to find the sentence.

我只是在浏览这篇文章,试着找到那个句子。

2.drained

英 [dreɪnd] 美 [dreɪnd]

adj. if something is drained – (like a battery) it has no power; if a person is drained or feels drained, they are very tired and have no energy.

拓展:

I'm completely drained, I need to go to bed.

我筋疲力尽了,需要躺床上休息休息。

I felt totally drained after working late last night.

昨晚工作到很晚,我感觉筋疲力尽。

3.much like how

means in a similar way to something or something happens in a similar way to another thing

拓展:

We can use the camera underwater much like how people use a phone underwater.

我们可以在水下操作这台相机,就像人们在水下用手机一样。

You can pay with a mobile phone app much like how people use a credit card.

你可以用手机软件进行支付,就像人们用信用卡一样。

4.as a result

means that one thing happened because of another thing

拓展:

The restaurant received many bad reviews, as a result, they lost many customers.

=The restaurant received many bad reviews, they lost many customers as a result.

这家餐馆收到了许多差评,结果失去了许多顾客。

5.monitor

英 [ˈmɒnɪtə] 美 [ˈmɑːnətər]

v. to watch and check something carefully – to learn something about it; when it is used with 'closely', means watch something very carefully

拓展:

We need to monitor the situation closely before making a decision.

在做出决定之前,我们需要密切关注局势。

The teacher will closely monitor their progress next term.

下学期老师将密切关注他们的学习进度。

6.state

英 [steɪt] 美 [steɪt]

n. the condition of something at a specific time; it is often used to describe things in a bad condition.

拓展:

Your bedroom is in a terrible state - tidy it up NOW.

你的卧室太乱了,赶紧现在收拾一下。

The company is in a terrible financial state.

这家公司的财务状况很糟糕。

7.stick

英 [stɪk] 美 [stɪk]

v. means put something somewhere

拓展:

stick it in the oven 把它放在烤箱里

I'm just going to stick it in my bag.

我要把它放在我的包里。

stick it in your pocket 放在口袋里

Where shall I put your coffee? Just stick over there on my desk.

我把你的咖啡放哪?就放在那边我的桌子上吧。

8.generate

英 [ˈdʒenəreɪt] 美 [ˈdʒenəreɪt]

v. to produce something (energy, heat, money); nowadays it's often used to talk about data

拓展:

The website can generate lots of customer data.

该网站可生成大量客户数据。

The system generates precise data which can be used to monitor user trends.

该系统可生成用于监测用户趋势的精确数据。

9.rapid

英 [ˈræpɪd] 美 [ˈræpɪd]

adj. means fast sudden or quickly

拓展:

rapid changes 快速变化

rapid growth 迅猛增长

rapid development 迅速发展

rapid rise 急速上升

rapid drop 急速掉落

We have seen a rapid rise in wheat farming.

我们看到小麦种植业的快速变化。

The recent rapid rise in railway tickets is worrying.

最近火车票的快速上涨令人担忧。

10.really bad for

means one thing can have a bad effect on another thing

拓展:

Coca-Cola is really bad for you.

可口可乐对身体不好。

Coca-Cola is extremely bad for you.

可口可乐对身体极其不好。

展开阅读全文

页面更新:2024-05-15

标签:可口可乐   伏天   手机   筋疲力尽   冰块   处理器   消耗   能量   温度   电池   快速

1 2 3 4 5

上滑加载更多 ↓
推荐阅读:
友情链接:
更多:

本站资料均由网友自行发布提供,仅用于学习交流。如有版权问题,请与我联系,QQ:4156828  

© CopyRight 2008-2024 All Rights Reserved. Powered By bs178.com 闽ICP备11008920号-3
闽公网安备35020302034844号

Top